Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Today I have started a new page to blog on for my Sabbatical. I am making a commitment to write once a week to keep in touch with Innisfail United Church. I was at workshop last Saturday that talked about sabbaticals. I like the image that was offered -- a sabbatical has three components -- head, heart, hands.
The head is that focus on your education. I have already learned about the Uniting Church of Australia. I am beginning to see similarities and some differences. I also hope when I am with the Delorraine Uniting Congregation (in Tasmania) I will learn how they have church fellowship without paid accountable ministry personnel.
The heart is that you focus on spiritual renewal. One never knows how your spirit is filled but I usually find spiritual fulfillment when I work with people and get to know them. I am looking forward to getting to know many people in Tasmania.
The hands is when we are creative -- we make something or ?? I am not sure how I will use my creative side but I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment